Lent is a time of sacred preparation, beginning on Ash Wednesday and ending on Easter Sunday. Before we can celebrate the Resurrection on Easter Morning, we must walk the road to the cross with our Lord during Holy Week. For Moravians, Holy Week is a time when we remember the last week of our Lord’s earthly life. We observe this time using the Readings for Holy Week book, which represents a harmony account of the sufferings, death, resurrection and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ as it is found in the New Testament. Moravians have shared a version of this moving collection for more than 250 years and continue to use it in services leading up to Easter each year.
Our 2022 Holy Week Services will be online and in person each night beginning Sunday, April 10th through Sunday, April 17th. Please join us virtually or in person for these meaningful services, which will also include special music each evening.
Holy Week and Easter 2022 Schedule
- Palm Sunday Lovefeast on April 10 at 11:00 AM
- Holy Week Readings
- Monday, April 11 at 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 12 at 7:30 PM
- Maundy Thursday Communion and reading on April 13 at 7:30 PM
- Good Friday Tenebrae Service Friday on April 14 at 7:30 PM
- Easter Sunday Worship Service on April 15 at 11:00 AM